Unusual jewelry boxes for beauty and jewelry
Who did not make boxes from the cards in the school? The most simple and beautiful crafts! Previously, their beauty was due to the original drawings, but now the skilled workers have learned how to create whole masterpieces. Let's take a closer look at how to make several types of boxes from cards, and start from simple to complex
Who did not make boxes from the cards in the school? The most simple and beautiful crafts! Previously, their beauty was due to the original drawings, but now the skilled workers have learned how to create whole masterpieces. Let's take a closer look at how to make several types of boxes from cards, and start from simple to complex.
Rectangular simple box
For work we need:
- any cards of the same size;
- thread (contrasting or color cards);
Now pay attention to one more moment. If the box is just for beauty, then its walls can be made from two cards. If you want to keep jewelry and small things in it, then make the walls thicker and take stronger threads.
Two long walls, a bottom and a cover of a casket will have a rectangular shape and correspond to the size of a postcard. The two short sides should correspond to the width of the rectangle. These are standard details of a casket from cards.
As soon as all the material is prepared - 8 solid and 4 cut postcards, then connect them inside out to each other so that the drawing is on each side. And each edge is treated with a “fence” - looped stitch (nnn). Then for these overlaps all the details will be connected. Remember that the rows should be even, and for this stitches do the same size. To help you can draw a barely noticeable line with a pencil.
As soon as all the details have been processed, now you attach adjacent elements to each other and sweep them away by the “crossbars” of the seam. The product is ready!
How to make a box of cards for jewelry
For this craft you need to take:
- crochet threads (Iris, cotton);
- the cloth;
- the needle.
Four one-piece cards we sheathe loop stitch seam around the edges. Next, make one square and four triangles, the side of which is equal to the length of the rectangle. Sheathe all the details and attach the triangles to the square, forming a cover.
Now cut out of cardboard 5 squares to the size of the box. Cover with a cloth. To the sides of the box sew rectangular cards, which become convex. In the corners of the box are formed wide petals. Make a pattern, sweep over these parts and sew to the product. The last stage is attached cover.
Pay attention: the sides of the box can be made square, then a miniature box of postcards is obtained. The pattern corresponds to the width of the rectangle. If the marginal petals are slightly bent inward, then the appearance will be different. When stitching parts, you can take beads for beauty.
Figured box for beginners
Let's try to complicate the task and make the product on the legs, but with a simple scheme for beginners. For work you need postcards, pencil, scissors, needle and thread. Each side is done separately, two of them will be rectangular and two - square. At the same time, internal postcards should be cut a little so that the outer “wall” forms a bulge when stitching.
Make blanks as follows:
- You sew two whole postcards from two long sides (you need 2 parts).
- Two squares the size of the inner width of the rectangle connect on two parallel sides (2 pieces).
- To the whole postcard sew all the "walls".
- The cover is made from a whole postcard and four triangles, the base of which is equal to the sides of the rectangle.
- The legs are also designed according to the size of the rectangle: stripes of 2-3 centimeters are cut off, the outer side can be cut out in shape (for example, triangular teeth or oval waves).
- Next, they are sewn to the bottom of the casket from the cards.
- Now make a stencil petal, measuring its length and width.
- Sew all the petals with the sides of the box.
- Attach the cover.
For this work you will need:
- four whole rectangular cards;
- seven squares of a postcard whose side is equal to the width of the rectangle;
- four triangles, where the base is equal to the width of the rectangle;
- eight legs in the form of a trapezoid, where the upper side is equal to the width of the rectangle;
- eight petals in the form of a circle, where the diameter is equal to the width of the rectangle, and the height of the petal is the distance of the convex wall of the box;
- one small square for the lid; dimensions correspond to the top of the triangles.
Make the sides of the box from the cards by stitching a square with a rectangle. You get four convex walls that sew with the bottom, consisting of two cards. Do the legs as follows: draw a rectangle with the side of a square of the desired height and then draw triangles at both ends. Define the middle and draw the semicircle that you cut.
Spread legs and sew with a casket. Next, cut off the triangles at the same height of the top. Sew all the triangles to the bottom of the lid. Further, at the base of the apex, cut out a square and connect it with the whole detail.
To make the petals have the correct shape, cut a pattern from paper, measuring the distance of the wall of the box. Next, connect the petals between themselves and with the sides of the box. The last step sew cover on one side.
Decorative box from the cards. DIY schemes
The patterns are easier to make if there is an image of a finished box. Just mentally divide it into parts and draw them on the sheet. Let us show by the example of a box in the form of a wine glass.
The shape of the square box is considered in the previous example. Let's go straight to the cover drawing:
- draw the required size square corresponding to the side of the box;
- in its shape, draw any upwards - triangular, oval, and other shapes.
When the cover is formed, the parts close and form a dome.
Next, form the legs, the height of which will correspond to the length of the postcard, and the width is equal to the side of the box. Now just cut the postcard along the length, making concave edges, and cut the bottom of the legs in the middle with a semi-oval. For the stability of the casket, draw a square on which you measure the semicircles on each side. Now you can connect the legs with the bottom and with the box.
And finally ...
You can build any form of crafts: caskets from cards in the form of a temple, a locomotive, train, bus, sofa, armchair, tower, bottle, clock, ship, samovar. To do this, you need to make the scheme correctly.
Create an external image of the box and divide it into geometric details. On a sheet in a cage it will be convenient to see the shape of the product. In this case, complex crafts will have the main bearing parts and decorative. Learn from simple album sheets with glue or scotch, and then reproduce everything on postcards and threads.