Kigurumi: pattern, examples, tips
Kigurumi is a very nice word. But first, what is it? And how to make kigurumi with your own hands? Patterns, material, photos, tips - we will tell everything in this article. So, kigurumi is .... pajamas? Carnival costume? Or is it a full-fledged piece of outerwear? Probably both. Unless at a costume party in such a dress a prize for originality can no longer be obtained
Kigurumi is a very nice word. But first, what is it? And how to make kigurumi with your own hands? Patterns, material, photos, tips - we will tell everything in this article.
So, kigurumi is .... pajamas? Carnival costume? Or is it a full-fledged piece of outerwear? Probably both. Unless at a costume party in such a dress a prize for originality can no longer be obtained.
Kigurumi so organically joined the life of the youth of big cities that it is possible to surprise, perhaps, only a grandmother in the village. That is why, to get something original, you have to sew it yourself.
Which one then?
What would you like to be? Maybe you have a totem animal? Lion, unicorn, giraffe, panda, bunny, fox, owl, cat? Pattern kigurumi universal. Even Kigurumi Emoji-shit is sold.
And from what?
Kigurumi, like other warm pajamas and hoodies, are made of fleece - soft, breathable, hypoallergenic, lightweight and the most comfortable fabric in the world. She is so pleasant to the touch that it is not surprising that people do not want to part with their costume even on the street.
Fleece material is quite economical, its price is about 400-600 rubles per meter. But we must remember that we need quite a lot of fabric.
In addition to the fabric needed: scissors, threads, buttons, velcro or zipper, pins, elastic. It is also very desirable to have a sewing machine.
And what size?
Decided on your totem animal and color? Now let's see the size of the kigurumi pattern.
In principle, the drawing is quite simple and intuitive, but still explain:
- height is height;
- chest width - chest girth, if appropriate to be expressed in this case;
- torso width - hips;
- sleeve length - sleeve length.
As you understand, all these measurements are very conditional, as the kigurumi nevertheless implies a very, very loose cut. The main thing - do not miss with the length of the sleeves and legs, the rest is not so important.
Pattern kigurumi universal for almost all costumes. The basis is one and it is not complicated at all. Further details are added - ears, tails, horns, teeth, eyes, tum, palms, wings, tentacles - everything you want.
- Since the details of the kigurumi pattern are very large in size, it is better to draw them either on old wallpaper or on taped newspapers. We transfer the pattern to paper, scaling it to fit your size, cut it out.
- Lay the pattern on the fabric, fasten with pins. There is one important point: it is necessary to follow the direction of the pile of the material, it should go from top to bottom.
- Cut out the details of the costume from the fabric. It is worth noting that the fleece has one unpleasant feature - the threads can crumble badly. This must be borne in mind.
- If any decorative elements such as strips, spots or contrasting tum are planned on the body, then first of all we sew them.
- If the main part of the suit is monochromatic, then we fold the fabric parts of the pattern with the inside of the kigurumi, fasten it with pins and sew it on the sewing machine. It should be something like the one shown in the photo below.
- Sew a zipper, velcro or buttons into the front section of the suit.
- Sew on sleeves. Measure out the right amount of gum and sew in the cuffs on the arms and legs.
- Sew the inside of the hood.
- Separately sew the ears and do not forget to attach, scraping the top of the hood. If the ears are planned in the wrong place where the side seam passes, then they can be sewn separately later.
- Finally, the main work has been done. It's time to be creative. On the outer part of the hood we place and fasten the elements of the muzzle with pins.
- We sew a muzzle, and then we connect both parts of a hood - external and internal.
- Sew the hood to the basis of kigurumi.
- Kigurumi suit pattern is ready!
By the time sewing one suit from the sketch to the final result takes on average one day. Of course, it all depends on the level of detail and complexity of the decorative elements, but it’s not a shame to spend the weekend on such a cool thing. Great mood you guaranteed.