Bead weaving for beginners. How to prepare for work
Weaving bead or glass beads can be mastered without long training. Bead weaving for beginners does not require complex or expensive fixtures. And yet, before proceeding to the manufacture of products, it is necessary to work out simple methods of lowering. What materials and tools requires weaving for beginners
Weaving bead or glass beads can be mastered without long training. Bead weaving for beginners does not require complex or expensive fixtures. And yet, before proceeding to the manufacture of products, it is necessary to work out simple methods of lowering.
What materials and tools requires weaving for beginners?
For successful work will require:
- Beads, small beads, glass beads. Beads can be any size and color. Old or scattered beads will be useful for work - you can make new original jewelry from them. How to store material for weaving beads? These can be glass vials, boxes or bottles with lids in which each individual type of beads will be located. During operation, it can be poured onto a pile fabric or kept in small sockets. This will help you easily gain material on the needle. In the arsenal of the skilled worker should be beads or beads, which have a larger hole than the usual beads. Such beads are called "bundles" and large holes in them are needed so that you can easily thread a needle and thread through the bead several times.
To bead weaving for beginners to be successful, try to pick up beads of the same size according to the color of the pattern and make sure that the beads lie tightly to each other without sagging.
- Needles thin with long eye. You can drop without needles. In this case, use the thread, the end of which is dipped in nail polish or glue. The needle threader can also be successfully used for stringing beads without needles.
- Fishing line Weaving beads on a fishing line implies that it should be thin.
- Threads are used ordinary-cotton reel, nylon, silk. To work without using a needle, they take a single thick thread (No. 10, 20), and a thin cotton thread (No. 40, 50) or kapron fold in half. The thread, on which the beads will be gathered, and lower the product, is called the “working thread”.
- Wax. To make the thread elastic and waxed, it is waxed.
- Albums with patterns, felt-tip pens, colored pencils. This will be needed to create patterns and sketches of future products in the technique of weaving with beads, for beginners this is a very useful help.
- Weaving machine. It is easy to make it, with the help of a machine we perform the original weaving of beads, bracelets for beginners using weaving techniques. The machine is a plate with a thickness of 1 cm, 6-10 cm wide, and length depending on the planned product: 60 cm for short weaves and 150 cm for long ones. At the ends of the planks attach wooden slats - they are called "sills". Their width is 2 cm and height is from 2 to 5 cm. On the rails, small carnations are slaughtered in a checkerboard pattern (their distance from each other is about 3 mm). These studs are needed to fasten the warp threads. Sometimes instead of studs, slits are made on the sills.
How to weave with a weaving machine
With such a technique (textile), the warp threads should be one more than the number of beads in the pattern across the width of the product. Stretch the thread should not be too tight, so that the finished product is not warped and wrinkled.
Threads stretch from one side to the other, creating a so-called basis for the principle that is used in weaving. In this case, the role of the shuttle will be performed by the needle, and the role of the weft is the working thread, on which beads are strung.
Previously on the plate of the machine you need to put the center line, dividing the plate in half, which will show the middle of the product. It should also be a pencil on the plank from each edge to put on the line that marks the beginning and end of the work, that is, the length of the finished product. For short products - at a distance of 15 cm from each nut, and for long products - at a distance of 25 cm.
Weaving for beginners with beads is always performed as follows - the work is in the left hand, while the fingers of the right hand are driving the working thread. There is nothing difficult.