Unusual Christmas toy from plastic cups. How to make a snowman from plastic cups
Both adults and children love the fabulous and amazing New Year holiday. At this time, everyone is waiting for something amazing and magical. It is impossible to imagine the New Year without an elegant Christmas tree and fragrant tangerines, without Santa Claus, the Snow Maiden and, of course, the Snowman
Both adults and children love the fabulous and amazing New Year holiday. At this time, everyone is waiting for something amazing and magical. It is impossible to imagine the New Year without an elegant Christmas tree and fragrant tangerines, without Santa Claus, the Snow Maiden and, of course, the Snowman. On the eve of the holiday, many begin to make all sorts of interesting crafts in order to decorate their own home or office with them. In this article, you will learn how to make a snowman out of plastic cups quickly and easily.
What is required for work?
For the manufacture of Christmas crafts will require the following materials and equipment:
- about four hundred pieces of disposable cups in white;
- several blue and red cups;
- hot melt glue gun;
- color paper;
- baby bucket;
- Christmas tinsel.
You may need to stock up on spray paint cans. Of course, they are needed only if you suddenly could not buy disposable cups of white, blue and red colors. And how to make a snowman from plastic cups in this situation? In this case, you can buy a transparent plastic utensils and paint it in the right shade, using an aerosol can.
How to make a snowman from plastic cups: step by step instructions
- Begin work with the formation of the snowman's body. Depending on what size crafts you want to get in the end, take the required number of white cups and connect them in a circle with a stapler or glue gun. Make several rows this way. Remember that in each subsequent row it is necessary to reduce one glass, otherwise you will not get the perfect shape of the ball.
- Immediately make out the buttons. How to do? Snowball plastic cups we make out in the same style. In the fourth row, exactly in the middle, you need to attach one blue glass, then do it through the row until the ball is formed.
- Make the belt a snowman. To do this, take the red cups and connect them with each other.
- In this technique, make two balls. Of course, the second should be a little smaller diameter than the first. Connect the balls with each other by placing in the inside of the cardboard. So the design will become more sustainable.
- Make the third ball. It will be the head of a snowman. Do not forget to make the eyes, mouth and nose of colored cups and colored paper. Here, fantasy will tell you how it will be better to do it.
- What kind of snowman without a hat? We also will not leave our crafts without a hat, take a baby bucket and glue it to the head. Top - tinsel.
- We knit a scarf.
- It seems that something is missing? Of course, we did not make hands and feet, did not put a broom. Again disposable cups will help us in this matter, as well as a sprig of a tree. Follow the detailed instructions and no longer think about how to make a snowman from plastic cups. Master class will help you cope with the task.
Making a snowman is a simple matter
It seemed to you that making a snowman is a time consuming process? It's not like that at all. For a successful enterprise, it’s enough to stock up with the right amount of available material and the desire to make an interesting toy that will delight both children and adults with its fun look. Know that the financial costs of creating such crafts are extremely small. To make a funny snowman, even a very large size, you need not so much money.
The craft will look more interesting and advantageous if you put a Christmas tree garland or LED cord inside it. Then install a snowman should be near the outlet. It is forbidden to place electric bulbs inside the toy, as they become very hot during operation and can melt plastic cups.
The quality of the source material also plays an important role, because even fairly minor defects or differences can negate all your efforts. That is why it is important to purchase plastic cups from one batch and in one point of sale. Do not buy disposable dishes with rims, because it will be difficult to avoid large joints between the rows. This means that the spherical shape of the elements is unlikely to be achieved. Do not be afraid to stock up on a few more cups than originally planned. After all, some of them may be defective.
How to make a snowman from plastic cups more sustainable? To make the snowman stand firmly on the floor or another surface, glue it with double-sided tape.
You can decorate a toy as you like, but it cannot do without eyes and nose anyway. If you do not have colored cups, do not despair. For eyes, you can use colored paper, cardboard, tennis balls, and for the nose - plasticine, a cone of colored paper. No bucket to cover the snowman's head? Wear a knitted cap, this toy will look even more original. Usually the snowman’s body is decorated with “buttons”. This can be, for example, tennis balls and even Christmas balls. Perhaps after reading this article, you will no longer be wondering how to make a snowman out of plastic cups with your own hands, and decide to try your hand.